April 30, 2008

We Definitely Have Oxen

Ben often reminds me of Proverbs 14:4 "Where no oxen are, the crib is clean: but much increase is by the strength of the ox." So, yes, today my house is a mess. Their new favorite thing is making a boat out of the couch...and yes, something spilled on the cushion, but I'm pretty sure it'll come out. :)Gabe is a jaguar and Gideon, a puppy. They're on a "boat" surrounded by sharks who are ready to eat any poor soul who happens to be in the "water"!There's plenty of room for a jaguar and a puppy, but when the Lion-Piggy joins in things get a little tight! (He requested to be a lion, but the boys wanted a pig - poor Ben!) ;)
After a very long adventure on the high seas, my jaguar and puppy were all worn out. My house looked like a tornado had blown through, but it was worth it. One day the "oxen" (aka: puppy and jaguar) will be gone, the house will be clean and I'll wish for some animals to come mess it up!

1 comment:

Nate, Sarah and John said...

What a heartwarming post, Becki!! All I can say is, you guys have ALL the cool animals up there! Jaguars, puppies, sharks, Lion-pigs, rhinos... any Ligers???