April 21, 2008

Whate'er My God Ordains is Right

Whate'er my God ordains is right: Holy his will abideth; I will be still whate'er he doth; And follow where he guideth: He is my God: though dark my road,He holds me that I shall not fall: Wherefore to him I leave it all.

Whate'er my God ordains is right: He never will deceive me; He leads me by the proper path; I know he will not leave me: I take, content, what he hath sent; His hand can turn my griefs away, And patiently I wait his day.

Whate'er my God ordains is right: Though now this cup, in drinking, May bitter seem to my faint heart, I take it, all unshrinking: My God is true; each morn anew Sweet comfort yet shall fill my heart, And pain and sorrow shall depart.

Whate'er my God ordains is right: Here shall my stand be taken; Though sorrow, need, or death be mine, Yet am I not forsaken; My Father's care is round me there; He holds me that I shall not fall: And so to him I leave it all.


Written by: Samuel Rodigast, 1676. Music: Severus Gastorius, 1675

No comments: