April 14, 2008

Go To The Aunt??


We're trying to teach the boys scripture as we go through our day. One of the Proverbs that I like to mention while we're "working" is Proverbs 6:6 : "Go to the ant, O sluggard; consider her ways, and be wise". We talk about being a hard worker and not lazy like a "slug". I thought we were all on the same page...until today. As we're working together to wipe the extremely sticky Butt Paste (yes, that's actually the name) off the carpet that Gabe and Gideon had so dilligently smeared in, Gabe mentioned that he was working very hard like an ant. I told him that makes me very proud and I told him I'd tell Daddy when he got home. He grins "Tell him I'm a good worker like Aunt Britt!" :)

1 comment:

Nate, Sarah and John said...

What a cute interpretation of the proverbs! You guys are such a good example to us of diligently instructing your children! It was great to see you today and we'll keep praying for your littlest man and for you all.

Is. 26:3-4 You will keep him in perfect peace whose heart is stayed upon You, because he trusts in You. Trust in the Lord forever; for in the Lord Jehovah is everlasting strength.